Our fundamental company ethos is to give our customers the best possible experience, from the quality of the product you are purchasing, to ensuring that your transaction goes as smooth as possible with one of our highly skilled and experienced sales advisors
What is a learning disability?
It is important we establish what we mean when we say learning disability. From Kirklees Council’s perspective a learning disability includes the presence of:
A significantly reduced ability to understand new or complex information, to learn new skills (impaired intelligence).
A reduced ability to cope independently (impaired social functioning) that started before adulthood, with a lasting effect on development.
Welcome to Care Angels Learning Disability Services for Adults and Children. At Care Angels we believe in empowering individuals to make decisions about their care/support and to live as much of an independent life as possible. Our aim is to be able to help and to make a difference in the individual’s life and to be able to put a smile on their face when we bring that bit of happiness in their lives. We work with client’s families and friends to tailor a package of support needs around our client to ensure their needs are being met. A frequent review of the support package enables us to monitor and ensure our client’s needs and agreed outcomes are being met. The review also allows us to increase or decrease the hours of the support package if required outcomes are being/not being met. Our aim is to enable our clients to live an independent life as possible. Our highly trained staff will provide basic life skills training to our clients and will help and support them in the activities they choose to do.
A list of our activities includes:
• Cinema trips
• Shopping Centres
• Educational trips out
• Physical exercise
• Going to religious places for worship
• Going for walks and much more
Our needs led personalised services cater for a variety of needs for people with who live with:
• Physical or learning disabilities Profound multiple learning disability (PMLD)
• Severe learning disability (SLD)
• Moderate learning disability (MLD)
• Severe to moderate learning disability with serious challenging behaviour
• Learning Disabilities sever/complex needs
• Learning Disabilities with physical disabilities
• Learning Disabilities with mental health needs
• People with mental health support needs
• Adults and children with substance misuse issues (drugs/alcohol)
• Housing support needs
• Domiciliary Care needs
• Mobility Support needs
• Personal Care needs
• Other Health and Social Care needs